Which Home Security System is Best – For You
Which Home Security System is Best For You
Choosing the Right Home Security System for your Home and Family isn’t Always Easy.
Security for your home affects everyone, whether it’s your first time deciding on one, or you’ve had many. It’s a subject that we didn’t used to think about often, yet now, has become an area of utmost focus.
With the rising upswing of burglaries and home Invasions, consumers have begun to rethink their ideas about family safety. There is also the consideration of fire, flooding, earthquakes, ie: natural disasters you may include in your choices.
Additionally, there are others areas such as windows, doors, garage doors and sheds, or maybe just the option of calling for help should something unexpected happen. We will only have “peace of mind” when we find a solution that suits our home.
Therefore, the new generation of technology of wireless communications for home security systems and automation devices now make conventional alarm systems seem “old-school.”
Let’s take a look at you will need when evaluating which home security system is best – for you.
8 Crucial Steps to Evaluate which Home Security System is Best – for You.
All home security systems come with the basics including a control panel or base station to manage all equipment and a ‘Panic’ button in the event of danger not detected by sensors.
1. Decide on a DIY wireless based system versus a professionally installed and monitored System.
2. If you’re going to sign a contract make sure it’s for no longer than 1 year at a time.
3. Count the number of entry/exit doors and windows in your home that need to be monitored–door and window sensors.
4. Larger areas with multiple windows and doors will need a motion sensor.
5. Keep the same in mind for a basement, converted garage, shed and other areas of your property.
6. Use a video doorbell to monitor visitors or unknown people from inside your home, or remotely.
7. Scan the surrounding exterior of the property to your home for dark and blind spots. Motion dection food lights are best.
8. Decide if you want professionally monitored services monthly. Or, maybe you prefer DIY monitoring.
More People are Satisfied with DIY: Flexibility & Gratification
These days consumers want flexibility in their home security systems with the ability to purchase, set up and see what’s going on while they’re away-remote monitoring.
This leaves the “old-school” type of security equipment and high priced monitoring in a narrowing market. They can either yield way to the newer, less costly DIY security systems, or join in.
Most older security based companies have joined the DIY market also while leaving the door open for those who prefer the high end professional install, equipment, and monitoring with annual and multi year contacts.
A new study, titled “Connected Trends & Disruption in Home Security,” reports that more than 1 in 2 (52%) households that are highly likely to purchase a residential system in the next 12 months plan to buy a system that they can install themselves.
More consumers are becoming safety conscious when it comes to their families and homes. Technology continues to advance, affordability has never been better, and automation allows for full home integration. So, why invest in a home security system? Let’s find out the most important reasons.
6 Most Important Reasons to Buy a Home Security System.
- To Protect and Secure Your Home, Family & Property.
- Peace of Mind, knowing your protected.
- Remotely Monitor with Indoor and Outdoor Security Surveillance cameras 24/7
- Fire and Smoke Detection, all in one.
- Provide Peace of Mind with a Home Security System.
- Lower Home Owner’s Insurance Premiums.
Other benefits to having your security system include: Protection against odorless gas leaks, allows you to manage your power (electricity), enables you too add home automation, and allows for quick response times for medical assistance.
Burglary and Home Invasion Statistics – 2019
- Approximately 11.5 people out of 10,000 fall victim to property crime every year (US Department of Justice, FBI).
- There is one burglary every 13 seconds.There are between 2.3 and 2.6 million robberies every year in the United States.
- The safest month of the year is February, when cold and snow tend to deter would-be criminals.
- The worst month for home invasions is July, when people are on vacation and out of town the most.
- 41% of burglars claim that the robbery was an impulsive decision based on an opportunity that presented itself.
- Renters are more likely to be robbed than homeowners.
- Burglaries and Home Invasions are growing in Suburban and Rural Areas.
3 Chilling Facts You Need to know About Home Security Systems
- Not having a home security system increases the likelihood that your house will be robbed by 300%.
- Only 17% of US residences have a working home security system – meaning the rest are fake or inoperable.
- 83% of burglars say they look to see if a home has an alarm system before making a decision about whether or not to break in.
Additional facts about home protection could include a dog that barks, some people say a gun-if you know how to use it. I have seen too many cases where the victims gun was used against them.
I am sure you can think of many other prevention methods in which to detour an invader, however nothing has proven better then my two-step approach to Family and Home Safety.
One: Have a family emergency plan. Each person in the home knows and has practiced what to do, where to go, where to meet up and call the police.
Two: Back your plan up with a home security system. It notifies everyone in the home when an intruder tries to come in and you put your plan into action, while notifying the police.
If you Think It Can’t Happen to You, Check the Stats!
Non-Negotiable’s that your New Investment Must Have
6 Things You Must Have for Your Home Security System
- Video Doorbell
- Motion Detection, Door and Window Sensors
- Remote Which Home Security System is best – for You
- Self & Remote Monitoring, or low Professional Monthly Monitoring Costs
- Smoke & Fire Detection
- Ability to Call Emergency Services
JD POWERS Top 5 for 2019
DIY Security Companies With the Highest Satisfaction
Ring Alarm ranked the Highest of the Top 5 in customer satisfaction. The industry average for DIY systems is higher than pro systems, with a score of 881 out of 1,000.
1. Ring Alarm (904)
2. SimpliSafe (900)
3. Frontpoint (872)
4. Protect America (847)
5. LifeShield (ADT) (840)
You are Now Equipped with 100% of the Knowledge Needed to Decide, Which Home Security System is Right For You
Now that you have read this article thoroughly, you possess more than enough knowledge to make an educated decision on which home security system is best – for you. We have demonstrated the proper steps to evaluate, what needs to be included, and that consumers are more like DIY systems better–due to there flexibility and mobility.
Additionally, you now know the most important reasons to buy a home security system, statistics about catastrophic invasions, the FACTS, the “must have’s and finally, you bear witness to the top 5 ranked home security companies rated by the top world judges, JD Powers.
With current burglary and home invasion trends netting criminals $2,500 in stolen merchandise (on average) from your homes, and a security system only costs of approximately $500–Don’t you think it’s worth being prepared? The odds are rising and technology has not only gotten better, and it’s down right affordable.
Spending an average of $500 to detour a burglary and/or home invasion, save your family’s life, the peace of mind in knowing you are secure is “Priceless.” Take a look at the top right side of your desk top computer, or the bottom of this post if you use mobile phone for this site.
Thanks for reading along. I hope you find this article helpful as it is a serious matter. Nothing beats “Peace of Mind.”
Please leave any comments or questions below,